You'll Want To Pack Some Stuff
I don’t know about you but packing stresses me out!!! However, we thought we would make it easy for you by giving a list of things to bring. This course is a split weekend course so you don’t need to worry about packing the whole bedroom. Just 3 days at a time. Don’t be that person!!
When we get done with Day 3, you’ll have the opportunity to take home the same shirt you’ve been wearing for 3 days and give it a good wash. In fact….we recommend you do.
Whatever you do….
DON’T COME LIKE THIS
Required Items To Bring With You
- Official Scout Uniform (Field Uniform) for your scouting position. (Note: A Complete Uniform includes the official shirt, pants or shorts, socks, and a belt. A neckerchief and slide will be provided.)
- Scout Activity Uniform(s). (Note: An activity uniform includes a Scout T-shirt or knit shirt and scout pants or shorts) You will be provided with one (1) Activity Uniform.
- Shoes or Boots (not white, please)
- Scout Cap – The official Wood Badge hat will be provided. (Note: If you would like to wear a hat, you must wear the Wood Badge uniform baseball cap provided, but you may also choose to not wear a hat)
- Windbreaker of Jacket
- Rain Gear (poncho or rain suit)
- Insect Repellent
- Ground pad, air mattress, or cot (Note: If you are sleeping in the bunkhouses, there are mattresses included. If you are sleeping in a tent, make arrangements to bring your own air mattress or cot.)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight or Headlamp with spare batteries
- Pocketknife or multiple tool-type knife (no fixed-blade knives)
- Medication in labeled containers
- Towels and Washcloths
- Pens, Pencils and Notebook (Note: A binder of handouts and note paper will be provided.)
- Canteen or Water Bottle
- Handbook for your scouting program
- Backpack for carrying your gear to and from the learning area